Bob Evans was evaluating the design of a new compressed restaurant layout concept.
Reason for Project:
- Bob Evans wanted to evaluate the design of the new concept using their base simulation model already developed.
- Completion of an analysis of the new layout concept to understand opportunities for improvement in the kitchen system design.
- Recommendations for improving the kitchen systems based upon the initial analyses.
- Validated Planned Design: Validated the expected performance associated with the compressed layout design.
- Capacity Improvement: Identified simple modifications to the kitchen that would increase the peak-period capacity by 20% (no additional staff).
- Capacity Improvement: Quantified the expected benefits of changes in the order controls system, simple equipment and staffing for an overall capacity increase potential of 41%.