As part of our value-added services to our clients, Epicenter’s associates provide practical and relevant training on a variety of manufacturing and management tools and philosophies. The listing below represents a standard list of the speaking topics that are currently available.
Lean Thinking Topics
- Lean Manufacturing Basics & Everything You Wanted to Know in Thirty Minutes Provides an overview of Lean Manufacturing.
- 5S Basics & Everything You Wanted to Know in Thirty Minutes Outlines 5S (lean principals), soup to nuts.
- Value Stream Mapping Basics and Everything You Wanted to Know in Thirty Minutes Delivers an overview of the value stream mapping tool.
- SMED Set-Up Reduction and Everything You Wanted to Know in Thirty Minutes Provides an overview of the SMED set-up reduction tool.
- How to Develop Facility Layouts That Support Lean Thinking Outlines characteristics of facility or office layouts that support lean-thinking principles.
- Kanban Systems 101 Discusses Kanban material control systems, how they function and common pitfalls.
Process Improvement / Problem Solving
- Creating an Ideal Environment for Problem Solving Reveals a process and the tools that can create the ideal environment for team problem solving.
- Simple, Practical Tools for Creative Problem Solving Furnishes some simple, practical tools available for solving problems and being more creative.
- Simulation Modeling for Test-Driving New Design Concepts Demonstrates how simulation modeling can be a useful tool for making better decisions.
- Productivity Studies – Learn A Lot By Just Watching Reviews methods for capturing and using shop floor and office data to quantify and prioritize improvement opportunities.
- The Excel Clinic (Basic, Intermediate or Advanced) Provides some basic instruction and a forum for using MS Excel to organize and analyze information.
- Financial Analysis 101 Gives examples of basic Excel tools for considering capital and non-capital investments.
Project & General Management
- How to Run Effective Meetings Discusses how to plan, prepare for, and run effective meetings.
- E-mail DOs and DON’Ts Covers the uses and misuses of e-mail.
- Presenting Information So That People Can SEE It Talks about how information can be presented in a meaningful way to your audience.
- Effective Techniques for Resolving Conflict Addresses conflict in the workplace and some useful techniques for resolving disagreements.
- You Can’t Ignore the Soft Stuff While You’re Working on the Hard Stuff Deals with the importance of addressing soft people issues as part of typical design projects.
- Transforming Difficult Conversations Discusses a technique for enhancing your mastery of difficult conversations.
Newsletter Topics – Any of the past newsletters can be expanded to a full Speaking Engagement topic. See Archives
If you are interested in learning more about our speaker services, please contact Wiliam Proctor at 216-702-0952 or firstname.lastname@example.org.