Our Client was evaluating a new site for company business continuity and projected growth of 5-7% for the next 10 years.
Reason for Project:
- Our Client decided to hire an outside engineering consulting firm to develop a FEL1 study of a new facility. This study included a 30% cost estimate and milestone schedule. The new facility would also accommodate new process and packaging technology and automated material handling methods.
- Complete facility layout including office and employee complex. On-site boiler/maintenance buildings.
- Equipment list with estimated capital cost for process equipment and facility services and building construction. Automation justification.
- Milestone schedule.
- Site staffing estimate.
- Productivity increased: The new facility would allow the company to double production with a lower manpower staffing ratio than current plants.
- Capacity increased: Double production by end of ten year period.
- Quality Improvement: The new manufacturing facility was designed to isolate dirty operation from clean critical operations. The new site would meet all FDA regulations.