Our Client was experiencing an excessive amount of downtime during the launch of a new Plate Freezer System.
Reason for Project:
- The Start-up Team was working hard to minimize/eliminate downtime and system inefficiencies and looked to Epicenter to identify and quantify problems to enable more targeted corrective action.
- Over the course of 2 weeks, the system was observed and all downtime was recorded, summarized and analyzed.
- Recommendations were developed and ranked for the highest impact to improve the system throughput.
- Throughput Improvement Opportunity: The root causes of downtime identified uncovered a potential throughput improvement of 20-25%.
- Start-up Improvement: Root cause information provided Engineering/Maintenance necessary information for a targeted correction strategy. Cost and timing were improved from knowing what the real problems were.
- Achievement of Capacity: Upon correcting the identified problems the system would be capable of operating to the designed capacity.