USSTC was evaluating their current sites for company business continuity and projected growth or 5 to 7 percent for the next 10 years.
- USSTC decided to hire an outside engineering consulting firm to develop a FEL1 study of current facilities. This study included a 30 percent cost estimate and milestone schedule. The study included a new facility which will also accommodate the companies need for business continuity and new process and packaging technology and automated material handling methods in existing sites.
- Complete facility layout including office and employee complex. On-site boiler/maintenance buildings.
- Equipment list with estimated capital cost for process equipment, facility services and building construction.
- Automation justification.
- Milestone schedule
- Site staffing estimate
- Productivity increased: A new facility and upgrades to existing facilities will allow USSTC to double production with a lower manpower staffing ratio than current levels.
- Capacity increased: Double production by end of 10 year period.
- Quality Improvement: The new manufacturing facility was designed to isolate dirty operations from clean critical operations. The new site will meet all FDA regulations.